Communications Intern (Fall 2019)
Advancement Project is a next generation civil rights organization. We tackle inequity using innovative strategies and strong community alliances. With a national office in Washington, DC and an office in California, we combine law, communications, policy and digital strategies to create workable solutions and achieve systemic change. We aim to inspire and strengthen movements that expand opportunity for all.
DESCRIPTION OF ROLE
Advancement Project is seeking a motivated candidate for a communications internship position at our national Washington, DC office. This internship will offer opportunities to acquire skills and work closely with our talented communications professionals, as well as our staff of civil rights attorneys while gaining
- Desired majors include but are not limited to: Communications, Human Communications Studies, Public Relations, Legal Communication, Film, Afro-American Studies, Telecommunications Management, Television, Broadcast News, Journalism, Speech Communication, Radio, Speech-Language Pathology, Africa Studies, Communications Science Disorders, etc…
- Our communications intern should demonstrate strong writing skills, as they will be called upon to assist with writing and editing pieces for our website, blogs, emails and social networking platforms.
- Candidates should be able to work independently and have a demonstrable, nuanced understanding of racial justice.
- Applicants should also be highly organized and knowledgeable of online communications and social networking sites, such as Facebook and Twitter, and have an interest in racial justice advocacy.
- Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Advancement Project seeks a goal-oriented, creative, energetic, and committed individual to occupy this role in our progressive, multi-racial non-profit environment. This position is based in Advancement Project’s National Office in Washington D.C. and operates under the direct supervision of the Managing Director of Communications. Travel may be required.
This is a paid internship opportunity.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, their resume, writing samples and a list of three references to [email protected]. Reference “Communications Intern Application” in the subject line.
Advancement Project is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.