Digital Campaigns Strategist
DIGITAL CAMPAIGNS STRATEGIST
Advancement Project’s National Office seeks a communicator to serve as a Digital Campaigns Strategist. This position is based in Advancement Project’s National Office in Washington DC and executes digital communications tactics under the supervision of the Deputy Director of Communications and Managing Director of Communications.
Advancement Project is a next generation, multiracial civil rights organization. Rooted in the great human rights struggles for equality and justice, we exist to fulfill America’s promise of a caring, inclusive, and just democracy. We use innovative tools and strategies in conjunction with strong community alliances to strengthen social movements and achieve high impact policy change. We combine law, communications, policy, and technology to create workable solutions and achieve systemic change. We change the national discourse on race to provide opportunities for breakthroughs on racism. We aim to inspire and strengthen movements that expand opportunity for all.
DESCRIPTION OF ROLE
This position develops and executes digital communication strategies, supports both online communications and fundraising campaigns across all digital platforms, including websites, social media, email and mobile platforms; manages Advancement Project National Office website, writes and posts content for digital media platforms and monitors digital media trends, narratives and engagement.
- Develop media objectives and strategy based on proposed online campaigns.
- Perform media monitoring and active media listening to determine best approaches for organization to convey messages.
- Proactively suggest new media campaigns aligned with the digital strategy and establish digital best practices.
- Compile and collect online social media research and analytics for use in proposed digital strategy
- Work as lead content creator; write and post content to social media sites, including creating graphics and other materials.
- Develop web presence, manage branding and regularly update content to the organization’s websites.
- Assist development team with online strategy and implementation.
- Manage the ladder of engagement (petitions, follow up, list building).
- Capture photographic and video coverage for live social media posts.
- Conduct live social media such as Tweeting and broadcasting to other social media partners.
- Establish, maintain organization voice on social media properties, email outreach.
- Manage email communications outreach calendar.
- Responsible for online advertisement and fundraising campaigns, reviewing analytics and ensuring search engine optimization
- Develop and implement digital media technology for media projects in close coordination with supervisor.
- Ensure online communications align with other mediums of communications for marketing and public relations initiatives.
- Perform training and supports development of partners, staff.
- Support the organization’s communications efforts related to rapid response.
- Lead special projects like content initiatives or events.
- Contribute to the overall success of the communications team.
- Three to five years’ experience in a similar position, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Working knowledge of communications best practices and trends for managing digital media communications, policy changes and legislative movements in the mission related program and project areas, as well as internal policies and procedures.
- Strong written communication skills, including the ability to reflect the organization’s voice, brand in addition to advocate and communicate with authority.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to analyze complex issues
- Ability to manage a high volume of tasks at one time, including organizing and prioritizing workload.
- Ability to work independently with minimum direction work as part of a team and collaborate with others.
- High attention to detail.
- Demonstrate understanding of advanced graphic design principles.
- Advanced working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, WordPress, EveryAction, NGP/Van
- Working knowledge of CRM software, HTML, and CSS, as well as social media platforms, analytics software and scheduling software such as Buffer.
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook and other applicable communications software programs
Salary commensurate with experience. Generous benefits package included.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter with salary expectations, their resume and a list of three references to [email protected]. Reference “Digital Campaigns Strategist” in the subject line.