Advancement Project National Office joins Oprah Winfrey, NAACP for OWN Your Vote National Town Hall
Advancement Project National Office will today join Oprah Winfrey in discussion of her new initiative, OWN Your Vote, along with the NAACP and other leaders in the fight for voting rights. The OWN Your Vote initiative is focused specifically on mobilizing Black women to vote.
- What: OWN Your Vote: Our Lives Depend On It is a virtual conversation aimed to inspire and equip thousands of voters and community leaders with specific steps they can take to register to vote, request their absentee ballots, and mobilize voters throughout their community.
- Who: The conversation will include remarks from:
- Judith Browne Dianis, Advancement Project National Office
- Congresswoman Ayanna Pressley
- Stacey Abrams, Fair Fight
- Minyon Moore, Power Rising
- Tiffany Dena Loftin, NAACP Youth and College
- Other leaders in the fight for voting rights
- When: TODAY, September 24, 2020 at 8 p.m.
- Where: Join this conversation by visiting bit.ly/OprahZoom to register.
“Advancement Project National Office is a proud partner of the OWN Your Vote campaign. Our organization partners with bold, movement- and strategy-minded visionaries and doers to undo the legacy of Jim Crow embedded in our voting structure,” explained Judith Browne Dianis, executive director of the organization. “Our partners are in the forefront of battles to restore voting rights to populations who were overly criminalized and remove barriers to the ballot before Election Day.”
Advancement Project National Office is an organization of pioneers in the fight to eliminate the wrongs embedded in our nation’s voting structure by establishing a national right to vote. We have been on the front lines of fights for voting rights because access to the ballot gives communities of color power and self-determination in the matters that impact their lives.
To learn more about the work Advancement Project National Office is doing to enshrine a right to vote for all, click here.
Advancement Project National Office is a multi-racial civil rights organization. Founded by a team of veteran civil rights lawyers in 1999, Advancement Project National Office was created to develop and inspire community-based solutions based on the same high quality legal analysis and public education campaigns that produced the landmark civil rights victories of earlier eras.