National Week of Action 2019
The Time for Action is Now!
Advancement Project National Office is partnering with Players Coalition Charitable Foundation to call for a National Week of Action. From Friday, October 18, through Friday, October 25, we’ll highlight our partners across the nation who are working to create free and safe communities for people of color.
Each day, we'll highlight the work of our grassroots partners and how they address the issues of our organization's core programs:
- Monday, October 21 – Justice Project
- Tuesday, October 22 – Schoolhouse-to-Jailhouse
- Wednesday, October 23 – Power & Democracy
- Thursday, October 24 – Immigration Justice
We’re urging you to get involved by taking action to address the issues that are most important to you. Make a pledge to the cause of your choice by sharing any of these images. You can also find sample social media posts to help you make your statement.
How can YOU take action to be #FreeAndSafe?
You can do this by:
- Attending your local school board meeting to advocate for uncriminalized learning environments.
- Providing sanctuary to those in need of protection from mass deportation.
- Educating your elected officials on the harmful effects of mass incarceration.
- Supporting laws that encourage election participation for all.
- …and more!