New PSA Unveil: Why Georgia Ministers are Mobilizing their Communities for Voting Rights
Today, we are excited to unveil a new PSA around SB 202, Georgia’s egregious voter suppression law, and our new litigation. Featuring pastors and faith leaders throughout the state, the short video breaks down the new law, details the ways it will disenfranchise Black and Brown voters, and provides a compelling call-to-action to Georgians and all who care about voting rights.
The new video is also the start of new organizing work Advancement Project National Office is doing with grassroots organizations and houses of worship in Georgia to block the implementation of SB 202.
And we need your help!
- First, watch and share the new video with your networks on social media using #SB202 and #EndSB202. Let’s educate as many people about the state’s new discriminatory law and how they can get involved.
- Second, learn more about the legal action Advancement Project National Office is taking to thwart the law alongside partners like the Concerned Black Clergy, the Samuel DeWitt Proctor Conference, Mijente and the Georgia Latino Alliance for Human Rights (GLAHR). Read the lawsuit’s complaint. Hear commentary from the case’s diverse set of plaintiff by viewing our spring press conference!
- Third, fill out the contact form below to get connected to local organizing efforts happening this summer! Be the first to learn of virtual and in-person events, voter education efforts, and updates on our legal case to ensure Black and Brown Georgians can participate in free, fair and safe elections.
You can also learn more about our litigation by exploring media coverage of our suit!
- AJC | Lawsuit alleges that Georgia voting law discriminates against Black voters
- FOX 5 | Faith leaders file suit to block implementation of Georgia election law
- Black Star News | Voting Rights Advocates Sue to Block Georgia Voter Suppression Law Targeting Black and Brown Voters