How You Can Act Now to Address Police Violence
You’ve heard it time and time again: we are living in unprecedented times. The coronavirus has exacerbated every systemic flaw embedded in the American fabric. This pandemic, juxtaposed with the recent police killings of Breonna Taylor (Louisville, KY) and George Floyd (Minneapolis, MN), has lifted the veil on racial injustice for some and reaffirmed what others already knew.
Wherever you stand, the reality is that people are activating with hopes of implementing new social systems and attaining real justice.
If you are outraged in this moment and looking for ways to help, we have compiled a list of organizations that you can donate to and support:
- Official George Floyd GoFundMe: https://www.gofundme.com/f/georgefloyd
- #FightForBre: https://action.justiceforbreonna.org/sign/BreonnaWasEssential/
- Minnesota Freedom Fund: Minneapolis: https://minnesotafreedomfund.org/donate
- National Bail Fund Network: bit.ly/localbailfunds
- North Star Health Collective: Minneapolis: https://www.northstarhealthcollective.org/donate
- Reclaim The Block: Minneapolis: https://secure.everyaction.com/zae4prEeKESHBy0MKXTIcQ2
- Black Visions Collective: Minneapolis: https://secure.everyaction.com/4omQDAR0oUiUagTu0EG-Ig2
- Louisville Community Bail Fund: https://actionnetwork.org/fundraising/louisville-community-bail-fund?source=twitter&
- Black Lives Matter-Louisville: https://actionnetwork.org/fundraising/support-stand-up-sunday
- Action St. Louis: https://actionstl.org/donate
- Advancement Project National Project: https://advancementproject.org/donate/